My parents are in town… Thus the reason for poor regular postings.
They flew in last week and we’ve been busying showing them the sights! Already we have done heaps of things… so if you’re looking for something to do or where to take people, I can now highly recommend all of the following! It’s great to have them here and it’s been really fun to spend weekends and evenings doing fun things rather than study!
Things we have done:
1. Ron Mueck at the GOMA and just GOMA generally
2. Breakfast at Pearl Cafe in Woolloongabba
3. Lunch at Piaf in South Bank
4. Versace for lunch on the Gold Coast
5. Shopping at Marina Mirage
6. A Walk along Surfer’s Paradise
7. Visiting friends/family for Aussie dinner
8. James St Market and Shops
9. Sirromet Winery for a wine tour and fantastic food
10. Watching Priscilla Queen of the Desert with popcorn
11. Queen Street mall for shopping
12. South Bank markets
13. Restaurant II and the Botanical Gardens
14. Curryville for amazing Indian.
Granted most of these seem to centre around food but we’ve had a great time with everything we’ve done! Generally the time together is simply the nicest part.
So bear with me as I’ll most likely be incommunicato for a bit longer.